New media

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Reanne Estrada

After researching Reanne Estrada's work I am very excited to see the pieces on the OHT Gallery site in person. The color is beautiful in her eraser drawing piece...and I am interested to see what is meant by "eraser drawing" and how it is made. Other pieces that I found from researching were made out of packaging tape. It is remarkable what she has done with such a mundane simple substance of packing tape. She really took the tape to a whole new level of such elegance. She made the packing tape look like spun sugar or glass. I am very excited to see her work first hand and meet her in person to hear her own opinion of her work and process. Hopefully I'll leave inspired to create some work of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home