New media

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Reanne Estrada Part II

I was very impressed with meeting Reanne Estrada. I thought her work was beautiful and inspiring. It is absolutely amazing how she can take something so mundane and simple such as erasers and packing tape and turn it into gorgeous artwork. I now find myself looking around me and seeing what I can make with objects that surround me day to day. I also found it very enlightening to see how many sides she has to her artistic career. She has her more personal, labor intensive, own work, and then the work she does with her group. It was nice to see an artist who has a very serious aproach to their own work, have a more light hearted body of work that they do on the side to keep the encouragement and ideas flowing. I think that this aspect of her career teaches young artists to keep open to working with others and to not get lost in their own minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home